We are looking for an experienced MES Engineer who can be a customer facing individual capable of executing projects in the Manufacturing Level 3 space – the boundary between computer automation and IT systems. This individual will be responsible for coordinating with customer site contacts and implementing solutions in a challenging real-time process environment. The MES Engineer must be able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Project execution tasks include the installation and configuration of Syncade MES systems, Reports, Interfaces to Automation and ERP systems. This ranges from the initial server installation to the configuration of data systems with interfaces to a wide variety of possible 3rd party data sources. Experience with Windows, network configuration, and software development in various languages is required.
He/she shall be responsible for implementing the configuration and/or the custom software components necessary to meet the project requirements for the projects to which he/she is assigned. On-site customer visits will occur to implement the solutions and to facilitate startup and training activities.
· Project delivery experience with data systems, delivering projects on time and within budget.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows and network configuration.
· Experience with MES systems, including Emerson’s Syncade MES or other vendor systems.
· Experience with software applications that utilize SQL, VBScript, XML, XSL.
· Excellent customer communications and relationship skills.
· Experience working in a collaborate team environment.
· High Analytical thinking and problem solving.
· Initiative and follow through to completion.
· Continuous learning and commitment to improvement.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science.
· This position is based in Indianapolis.
· 3 years or more of experience.