The primary objective of this position is to provide Ignition MES, SCADA and MES solutions to our customers. In this position engineers will design, configure, and implement computer applications to meet manufacturing operation’s needs. Ignition systems manage many aspects of the manufacturing processes and also bridge the data needs between plant floor systems and enterprise business systems for visualization, dashboards, and OEE metrics.
Education: B.S. Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science
Job Description: This role will work with internal teams and customers to deliver Ignition applications including design, software development, testing and startup plant assistance to the customer. In this role, the engineer will learn to become proficient with Ignition systems including:
· Manufacturing operations
· Project delivery to customers within a schedule and budget
· Software development processes using Ignition software
· Databases including SQL Server, Oracle, or MongoDB
· Computer programming including .NET VB/C#, web development or other modern languages
· Data visualization and reporting applications like SSRS, Power BI, or Tableau
· Communications interfaces with other automation systems such as PLCs and SCADA
· Significant customer service interactions
This position is based in Indianapolis. Up to 10% travel may be required.
Success in this position will be achieved by meeting project objectives for scope, cost, and schedule, solving customer problems, and earning repeat customer business.