We are looking for a Data Management Engineer who can be a customer facing individual capable of executing projects in the Manufacturing Level 3 space – the boundary between computer automation and IT systems. This individual will be responsible for coordinating with customer site contacts and implementing solutions in a challenging real-time process environment. The Data Management Engineer must be able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Project execution tasks include the installation and configuration of complete data management solutions including but not limited to, Data Historians, Reports, Interfaces to Automation and ERP systems, Data Visualization and Dashboards. This ranges from the initial server installation to the configuration of data systems with interfaces to a wide variety of possible 3rd party data sources. This position will utilize skills with Windows, network configuration, and software development.
He/she shall be responsible for implementing the configuration and/or the custom software components necessary to meet the project requirements for the projects to which he/she is assigned. On-site customer visits will occur to implement the solutions and to facilitate startup and training activities.
We primarily serve customers in Manufacturing Process Industries such as, Chemical, Life Science, Pulp and Paper, Oil and Gas, Food.
· Project delivery with data systems, delivering projects on time and within budget.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows and network configuration.
· Experience with data historian systems, including OSIsoft PI or AspenTech MSC.
· Experience with databases, including SQL Server or Oracle.
· Experience with computer programming and debugging, including VB/C#, SQL, web development, or other modern languages.
· Excellent customer communications and relationship skills.
· Experience working in a collaborate team environment.
· High Analytical thinking and problem solving.
· Initiative and follow through to completion.
· Continuous learning and commitment to improvement.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science
· Ability to travel up to 25% within our 4-state area (Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan).
· This position is based in Indianapolis.
· 2 years or more of experience
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: Commensurate with experience
1. Conduct oneself within the Cornerstone Control’s Mission Statement
- We provide unmatched value by impacting customer business results through automation and reliability solutions.
2. Conduct oneself within Cornerstone Control’s Core Values
- We are all partners
- Customers for life
- Proactive change and innovation
- Do what’s right and honest
- Positive energy
- Safety and Quality