We are looking for an experienced automation engineer who has control system hardware application design experience. This role will work with customers to define control system hardware requirements, establish control system hardware designs, coordinate drawing development, coordinate material procurement and control enclosure fabrication, support client acceptance testing, and provide training, installation, and startup plant assistance to the customer. Other activities may include; systems integration with various control systems and devices, and PLC programming, We provide solutions to customers using Emerson’s DeltaV product line. Success in this position will be obtained by solving our customer’s problems and earning repeat business with the customer.
· Project delivery experience with control systems, delivering projects on time and within budget.
· Experience in the process industry, chemical, life science, oil and gas, pulp and paper.
· Hardware design experience on the DeltaV process control platform.
· Systems Integration and PLC systems programming.
· Excellent customer communications and relationship skills.
· Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
· Experience with control system field analysis.
· Application of hardware standards to a system design.
· Knowledge of electrical control panels and power distribution schematic design.
· Knowledge of control system drawings and basic electrical schematics for I/O.
· Knowledge of industrial grounding.
· Knowledge of computer networking, both wired and wireless.
· Working knowledge of control instrumentation, i.e. pressure, temperature, flow, valves, drives.
· Analytical thinking and problem solving.
· Initiative and follow through to completion.
· Continuous learning and commitment to improvement.
· 4-year B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field.
· Experience with automation control systems.
· Ability to travel up to 15% within our 4-state area (Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan).
· Location for this position is Indianapolis.
· 5 years or more of experience
Job Type: Full Time
Pay: Commensurate with experience
1. Conduct oneself within the Cornerstone Control’s Mission Statement
- We provide unmatched value by impacting customer business results through automation and reliability solutions.
2. Conduct oneself within Cornerstone Control’s Core Values
- We are all partners
- Customers for life
- Proactive change and innovation
- Do what’s right and honest
- Positive energy
- Safety and Quality